Leslie Schafferman is a Board-Certified Physician Assistant specializing in the evaluation and treatment of spine disorders. She focuses on providing standard of care based conservative and non-operative treatment options for back and leg pain, but also first-assists in spinal surgical procedures. After a comprehensive neurological exam, she will order and interpret any necessary imaging studies, along with providing medicinal options and personalized conservative or surgical treatment plans. Patients seen at O’Dea and Bel Air offices. If you will be coming in for an evaluation please fill out Leslie’s New Patient Form and bring it with you to the appointment.
Leslie received her Physician Assistant degree from The Pennsylvania College of Technology in Williamsport, PA. Leslie served twelve years active duty in the United States Air Force as a flight paramedic prior to Physician Assistant training.
Licenses, Certifications and Memberships
- Board Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Certified by the Maryland Department of Health and Hygiene
- Practice agreements approved by the Maryland Board of Physicians
- National Registered Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification
- Basic Life Support Certification
Memberships in Professional Organizations
- Member, American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Member, Maryland Academy of Physician Assistants
- Member, Veterans Caucus of the American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Leslie obtains 50 hours of Category One Continuing Medical Education credits per year