The following are publications, featuring Dr. David Dalury:
- Advances in Joint Replacement Surgery: The Uni-compartmental Knee
- Computer-assisted Knee Replacement Surgery
The Orthopaedic Connection The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) offers a comprehensive library of information related to the care and treatment of orthopaedic problems. Each item is reviewed for medical accuracy. Towson Orthopaedic Associates is pleased to offer this link to our patients. The Orthopaedic Connection, developed by the AAOS, contains the most thorough and accurate information on orthopaedics available on the Internet. Please click here to review the list of topics offered.
See a listing of Dr. Dalury’s publications on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
1. Dalury DF, Edwald F, Christie M, Scott R, Thomas W, Total Knee Arthroplasty in a Group of Patients less than Forty-five Years of Age. Journal of Arthroplasty, October; 10(5), 1995.
2. Dalury DF, Jiranek WA, A Comparison of the Midvastus and Paramedian Approaches in Total Knee Arthroplasty. Journal of Arthroplasty, August; 14(1), 1997.
3. Dalury DF, Jiranek WA, Bone Resorption in Osteoarthritic Cysts Demonstrates a Similar Cytokine Profile as Osteolytic Lesions around Joint Implants. Orth Transactions, 1997
4. Dalury DF, Observations of the Proximal Tibia in Total Knee Arthroplasty. J of Arthroplasty August ;( 389) 2001
5. Chin KR, Dalury DF, Zurakowski D, Scott RD. Intraoperative Measurements of Male and Female Distal Femurs During Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty. J of Knee Surgery, Fall; 15(4) 2002
6. Dalury DF, Extensor Mechanism Problems Following Total Knee Replacement, Journal of Knee Surgery, April; 16(2) 2003
7. Dalury DF, The Long-Term Outcome of Total Knee Patients with Moderate Loss of Motion, The Journal of Knee Surgery, October; 16(4) 2003
8. Dalury DF, Incidence of Heterotopic Ossification after Total Knee Replacement, Journal of Arthroplasty, June; 19(4) 2004
9. Dalury DF, The Technique of Cemented Total Hip Replacement, Orthopaedics, August; 28(8) 2005
10. Dalury DF, Total Knee Replacement for Patellofemoral Disease – The Journal of Knee Surgery, October; 18(4) 2005
11. Dalury DF, Dennis DA: Mini-incision total knee arthroplasty can increase risk of component malalignment. Clin Orthop Relat Res, Nov; 440:77-81, 2005
12. Dalury DF: Minimal Invasive Total Knee Replacement. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 2006
13. Dalury DF, Gonzales RA, Adams MJ, Gruen TA, Trier K: Midterm results with the PFC Sigma total knee arthroplasty system. J Arthroplasty 23(2):175-181, 2008
14. Dalury DF: Reply to Letter to the Editor. Clin Orthop Related Res, 449:320 August 2006
15. Dalury DF, An Unusual Cause of Failure of a Total Knee Replacement – American Journal of Orthopedics, Oct; 36(10):558-9, 2007
16. Dalury DF, Pomeroy DL, Gonzales RA, Gruen TA, Adams MJ, Empson JA. Midterm results of all-polyethylene tibial components in primary total knee arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2009; 24(4):620-624.
17. Griffin WL, Dalury DF, Modular Polyethylene Exchange for Wear and Osteolysis in PFC Total Knees, Clin Orthop Relat Res, Nov;464: 132-7, 2007
18. Dalury DF, Snow RG, Adams MJ: Electromyographic Evaluation of the Midvastus Approach. J of Arthroplasty 23(1):136-140, 2008.
19. Dalury DF, Fisher DA, Adams MJ, Gonzales RA. Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty compares favorably to total knee arthroplasty in the same patient. Orthopedics. 2009; 32(4):253
20. Dalury DF, Barrett WP, Mason JB, Goldstein WM, Murphy JA, Roche MW. Midterm survival of a contemporary modular total knee replacement. A multicentre study of 1970 knees. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2008; 90(12):1594-1596
21. Dalury DF, Mason JB, Murphy JA, Adams MJ. Analysis of the outcome in male and female patients using a unisex total knee replacement system. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2009; 91(3):357-360
22. Dalury DF, Mulliken BD, Adams MJ, Lewis C, Sauder RR, Bushey JA. Early recovery after total knee arthroplasty performed with and without patellar eversion and tibial translation. A prospective randomized study. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009; 91(6):1339-1343
23. Kelly MA, Dalury DF, Kim RH, Backstein D. The new arthritic patient and nonarthroplasty treatment options. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009; 91 Suppl 5:40-2
24. Scott WN, Booth RE Jr, Dalury DF, Healy WL, Lonner JH. Efficiency and economics in joint arthroplasty. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009; 91 Suppl 5:33-6
25. Dalury DF, Mulliken BD, Adams MJ, Lewis C, Sauder RR, Bushey JA. Response to letter to the editor re “Early Recovery After Total Knee Arthroplasty Performed with and without Patellar Eversion and Tibial Translation”. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009
26. Dalury DF, Tucker KK, Kelley TC. When can I drive? Brake response times aftercontemporary total knee arthroplasty. Clin Orthop Relat 2011;469:82
27. Dalury DF, Gonzales RA, Adams MJ. Minimum 5-year results in 96 consecutive hips treated with a tapered titanium stem system. J Arthroplasty. 25(1): 104-107, 2010
28. Dalury DF. Commentary on “Topical Application of Tranexamic Acid Reduces Postoperative Blood Loss in Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Randomized, Controlled Trial” JBJS Am 2010
29. Fisher DA, Dalury DF, et al. Unicompartmental and total knee arthroplasty in the over 70 population. Orthopedics 2010; 33(9): 668
30. Kelley TC, Dalury DF. Chapter 19 – Fixed-Bearing Uni: Long-Term Outcomes. Partial Knee Arthroplasty: Techniques and Optimal Outcomes. 2011
31. Dalury DF. Chapter 27 – Practical issues in unicompartmental knee arthroplasty-The secrets of success. Partial Knee Arthroplasty: Techniques and Optimal Outcomes. 2011
32. Barrett WP, Dalury DF, et al. Comparison of Radiographic Alignment of Imageless Computer Assisted Surgery versus Conventional Instrumentation in Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty. The Journal of Arthroplasty. Dec, 26(8): 1273-1284
33. Dalury DF, Tucker K, Kelley TC. All-polyethylene tibial components in obese patients are associated with low failure at mid-term followup. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 470: 117-124, 2012
34. Bernasek T, Fisher D, Dalury D, et al. Is metal on metal squeaking related to acetabular angle of inclination? Clin Orthop Relat Res. 469:2577-2582 2011
35. Dalury DF, Lieberman JR, MacDonald SJ. Current and innovative pain management techniques in total knee arthroplasty- Instructional Course Lectures. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2011;93:1938-43
36. Dalury DF, Kelley TC, Adams MJ. Modern proximally tapered uncemented stems can be safely used in Dorr type C femoral bone. J Arthroplasty. 2012; epub 8 Feb
37. Dalury DF, Kelley TC, Adams MJ. Medial UKA: Favorable midterm result in middle-aged patients. J Knee Surg. 2012;Epub ahead of print, Jul 30 (DOI: 10.1055/s-0032-1322599)
38. Dalury DF, Adams MJ.
Minimum 6-year follow-up of revision total knee arthroplasty without patella reimplantation. J Arthroplasty. 2012; 27(8 Suppl 1): 91-94
39. Bernasek TL, Polikandriotis JA, Levering MS, Dalury DF et al. Five- to Ten-Year Outcomes for Modular Metal-On-Metal Total Hip Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2013 May.
40. Kelley TC, Tucker KK, Adams MJ, Dalury DF. Use of tranexamic acid results in decreased blood loss and decreased transfusions in patients undergoing staged bilateral TKA. Transfusion. 2013;in press
41. Healy W, Della Valle CJ, Iorio R, Berend KR, Cushner FD, Dalury DF, Lonner JH. Complications of Total Knee Arthroplasty: Standardized List and Definitions of The Knee Society. Clin Orthop Relat Res. Published on-line July 2012.
42. Kelley TC, Adams MJ, Mulliken BD, Dalury DF. Efficacy of multimodal perioperative analgesia protocol with periarticular medication injection in total knee arthroplasty: a randomized, double blind study. 2013;Epub ahead of print, Apr 19 (DOI: 10.1016/ j.arth.2013.03.008)
43. Dalury DF, Pomeroy DL, Gorab RS, Adams MJ. Why are total knee arthroplasties being revised? J Arthroplasty. 2013;Epub ahead of print, Jul 22 (DOI: 10.1016 /j.arth.2013.04.051)
44. Barrett WP, Mason JB, Hoeffell D, Dalury DF. In-Vivo Alignment Comparing Patient Specific Instrumentation with both Conventional and Computer Assisted Surgery (CAS) Instrumentation in Total Knee Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty 2013; in press.