Joint replacement can be performed on a variety of areas, including the knee, hip, fingers, and shoulder. This procedure can be very beneficial for patients who are suffering from arthritis or other conditions which are having an impact on their mobility and livelihood.
At Towson Orthopaedic Associates, we concentrate on conservative, non-surgical solutions first. If options such as physical therapy, stretching and strength training, medication, or others have not worked to alleviate the pain, joint replacement surgery solutions may be explored in order to provide significant relief. Every patient and procedure is unique, and there are many approaches for joint replacement surgery, including partial replacement and minimally-invasive options.
With nearly 2,100 joint replacement surgeries performed every year, our orthopaedic surgeons are skilled and experienced with a range of treatment options. Your orthopaedic physician will recommend a method based on your anatomical needs that can offer the best possible results. We offer state-of-the-art techniques, plus a rapid recovery program, designed to help you dramatically reduce your symptoms and minimize downtime requirements.
If you have additional questions about joint replacement or wish to schedule a consultation with one of our skilled physicians, please contact our office today.
Award-Winning Orthopedic Care
Towson Orthopaedic Associates has been named:
- “Best Orthopedic Practice” — Baltimore Style Readers’ Choice Awards 2020
- “Best in Orthopedics” — Best of Harford, Readers’ Choice Awards 2021 & 2022
UM St. Joseph Medical Center has been recognized as:
- “High Performing” in Hip Fracture, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement by U.S. News & World Report
- One of “America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement” by Healthgrades for superior clinical outcomes in knee and hip replacement (2021, 2022, 2023)
- One of “America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery” by Healthgrades for superior clinical outcomes including hip fracture treatment, hip replacement, and total knee replacement (2022, 2023)
- A Blue Distinction Center+ for Knee and Hip Replacement by BlueCross BlueShield for providing quality care and patient results