Dr. Mark V. Clough specializes in musculoskeletal (muscular, bone, joint, tendon, and ligament) problems related to injuries, overuse, degenerative and arthritic conditions which include both operative and non-operative treatment. Sports Medicine expertise: Getting you back into the game as soon as possible is job number one. ACL reconstruction, meniscus tears, cartilage injuries (with certification in Carticel – cartilage restoration procedure), rotator cuff tears, and labral tears associated with shoulder dislocations.
Total Knee Replacement Expertise:
Dr. Clough treats knee problems from childhood to the golden years. Sometimes knee replacement is the best solution for ongoing knee pain after arthroscopy and non-operative treatments have been utilized successfully for many years.
Fractures and General Orthopaedics:
Broken bones (fractures) are commonplace for all ages. Dr. Clough cares for bones head to toe from a complex surgical need to basic casting in the office. Other pains bring people in to see Dr. Clough including sprains, plantar fasciitis, tennis elbow, muscle overuse/pain, and many more.
Dr. Clough attended Virginia Tech as an undergraduate, then received a Masters degree from Johns Hopkins University in Biotechnology. After medical school, he completed his Orthopaedic Surgery residency at Johns Hopkins. He subspecialized with a fellowship in sports medicine.
- Union Memorial Hospital – Sports Medicine Fellowship
- Johns Hopkins Hospital – Orthopaedic surgery residency
- Eastern Virginia Medical School – M.D.
- Johns Hopkins University – Masters in Biotechnology
- Virginia Tech – BS
Athletic Team Affiliations
Dr. Clough is the athletic team physician for Harford County Schools.
“Ask the Doc” …
Baltimore Musculoskeletal Specialist: Mark V. Clough, M.D. was also a featured physician at Ironbirds games with the popular Towson Orthopaedic Associates’ segment, “Ask The Doc.”
- Makoplasty Certified (Robotic Assisted Surgery)
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Board Certified
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America