The Towson Orthopaedic Associates specialists provide expert care in surgical and non surgical treatment of the musculoskeletal system to restore function as a result of injury or disease to bones, joint, muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
A general orthopaedist works closely with other healthcare professionals, such as physical and occupational therapists, orthotists, and prosthetists, as well as orthopaedic surgeons with sub-specialty training. Seventy percent of general orthopaedic surgeons also have a sub-specialty interest.
Towson Orthopaedic Associates has been named:
- “Best Orthopedic Practice” — Baltimore Style Readers’ Choice Awards 2020
- “Best in Orthopedics” — Best of Harford, Readers’ Choice Awards 2021 & 2022
UM St. Joseph Medical Center has been recognized as:
- “High Performing” in Hip Fracture, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement by U.S. News & World Report
- One of “America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement” by Healthgrades for superior clinical outcomes in knee and hip replacement (2021, 2022, 2023)
- One of “America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery” by Healthgrades for superior clinical outcomes including hip fracture treatment, hip replacement, and total knee replacement (2022, 2023)
- A Blue Distinction Center+ for Knee and Hip Replacement by BlueCross BlueShield for providing quality care and patient results