Dr. Timothy P. Codd specializes in the treatment of shoulder and elbow disorders such as arthritis of the shoulder, shoulder instability, rotator cuff disease, and complex and traumatic injuries to the shoulder.
Timothy P. Codd, M.D.
More About Dr. Codd
Dr. Codd also treats over-use injuries of the shoulder and elbow for people from all walks of life including professional athletes. He has a special interest in treating the full spectrum of shoulder arthritis, and has lectured and taught both nationally and internationally on the advances of shoulder replacements, reverse shoulder replacements, and minimally invasive shoulder surgery.
Dr. Codd is involved with research and clinical trials in shoulder replacement treatments and is involved in the design and clinical trials for current advances in the treatment of rotator cuff disease. He is a published author in peer review journals and books on these various treatments of shoulder disorders.
Dr. Codd received his B.A. with honors in Psychology from Dartmouth College. He received his M.D. with honors from Columbia University. His post-graduate orthopaedic surgical training was performed at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Dr. Codd is fellowship-trained in shoulder surgery at the New York Orthopaedic Hospital at Columbia University.
Resources for Shoulder Injuries:
- Biceps Tendon Tear at the Shoulder
- Chronic Shoulder Instability
- Clavicle Fracture – Broken Collarbone
- Dislocated Shoulder
- Rotator Cuff Tears: Frequently Asked Questions
- Rotator Cuff Tears: Surgical Treatment Options
- Shoulder Impingement / Rotator Cuff Tendinitis
- Shoulder Joint Tear – Glenoid Labrum Tear
- Shoulder Trauma – Fractures & Dislocations
- SLAP Tears
Resources for Shoulder Disease:
- Arthritis of the Shoulder
- Biceps Tendinitis
- Frozen Shoulder
- Shoulder Impingement – Rotator Cuff Tendinitis
- Shoulder Pain and Common Shoulder Problems
- Tennis Elbow – Lateral Epicondylitis
Shoulder Treatments and Surgery:
- Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement
- Rotator Cuff and Shoulder Conditioning Program
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Shoulder Joint Replacement
- Shoulder Surgery
- Shoulder Surgery Exercise Guide
VIDEO: Shoulder Surgery – Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty
The following video by Dr. Codd for the Video Journal of Orthopaedics (March 2010) demonstrates Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder Replacement. Click below to view.
*Warning: Surgical Procedure Video. Graphic contents*
Contact This Provider
Dr. Codd sees patients at the following Towson Orthopaedic Associates’ locations:
- Reverse Shoulder Replacement Gives Welder a New Grip on Life
- Select Group of Surgeons Nationwide to Begin Evaluating the Use of the Rotation Medical Rotator…
- Dr. Timothy Codd Named Among Best Doctors in America
- Rotation Medical Initiates Post-Market Clinical Study Of Rotator Cuff Repair System…
- Shoulder Motion and Laxity in the Professional Baseball Player
- Arthroscopic coracoacromial ligament resection
Techniques in Orthopaedics, Vol. 9, No. 2, 1994, p. 95-96.
- Prosthetic Replacement in the Rotator Cuff-Deficient Shoulder
Techniques in Orthopaedics
- Humerusseitiger Kapselshift bei hinterer glenohumeraler Instabilität
- Posterior Shoulder Instability
AN ATLAS OF SHOULDER SURGERY. Stamford, Connecticut, Appleton and Lange, 1998. ** Access online through JBJS to view article **
- Reliability of radiographic evaluation for acromial morphology
- Skeletal Radiology
December 1997, Volume 26, Issue 12, pp 718–721
- Operative Arthroscopy
- Summary of Dr. Codd’s Publications