Dr. Timothy P. Codd specializes in the treatment of shoulder and elbow disorders such as arthritis of the shoulder, shoulder instability, rotator cuff disease, and complex and traumatic injuries to the shoulder. He also treats over-use injuries of the shoulder and elbow for people from all walks of life including professional athletes. He has a special interest in treating the full spectrum of shoulder arthritis, and has lectured and taught both nationally and internationally on the advances of shoulder replacements, reverse shoulder replacements, and minimally invasive shoulder surgery.
Dr. Codd is involved with research and clinical trials in shoulder replacement treatments and is involved in the design and clinical trials for current advances in the treatment of rotator cuff disease. He is a published author in peer review journals and books on these various treatments of shoulder disorders.
Dr. Codd received his B.A. with honors in Psychology from Dartmouth College. He received his M.D. with honors from Columbia University. His post-graduate orthopaedic surgical training was performed at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Dr. Codd is fellowship-trained in shoulder surgery at the New York Orthopaedic Hospital at Columbia University.
Resources for Shoulder Injuries:
- Biceps Tendon Tear at the Shoulder
- Chronic Shoulder Instability
- Clavicle Fracture – Broken Collarbone
- Dislocated Shoulder
- Rotator Cuff Tears: Frequently Asked Questions
- Rotator Cuff Tears: Surgical Treatment Options
- Shoulder Impingement / Rotator Cuff Tendinitis
- Shoulder Joint Tear – Glenoid Labrum Tear
- Shoulder Trauma – Fractures & Dislocations
- SLAP Tears
Resources for Shoulder Disease:
- Arthritis of the Shoulder
- Biceps Tendinitis
- Frozen Shoulder
- Shoulder Impingement – Rotator Cuff Tendinitis
- Shoulder Pain and Common Shoulder Problems
- Tennis Elbow – Lateral Epicondylitis
Shoulder Treatments and Surgery:
- Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement
- Rotator Cuff and Shoulder Conditioning Program
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Shoulder Joint Replacement
- Shoulder Surgery
- Shoulder Surgery Exercise Guide
VIDEO: Shoulder Surgery – Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty
The following video by Dr. Codd for the Video Journal of Orthopaedics (March 2010) demonstrates Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder Replacement. Click below to view.
*Warning: Surgical Procedure Video. Graphic contents*