Dr. David Schroder joined TOA from a practice in Texas and specializes in joint replacement surgery and general orthopaedic surgery. He sees patients at the Bellona and O’Dea offices and operates at UMSJMC. His specific schedule will be forthcoming.
David Schroder, M.D.
More About Dr. Schroder
A graduate of the US Naval Academy and Georgetown University School of Medicine, Dr. Schroder trained in orthopaedic surgery at Naval Medical Center San Diego.
Dr. Schroder has had extensive experience in all areas of orthopaedics during his tenure at Naval Medical Center San Diego, Naval Hospital Yokosuka, Japan, and most recently as Assistant Department Head and Clinical Operations Officer of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the National Military Medical Center in Washington, DC. Serving as Commander in the US Navy, Dr. Schroder provided surgical care to our wounded warriors both at home and in Afghanistan as well as executive care for our nation’s leaders of the Pentagon, Congress, and the White House.
His special interests include total joint replacement, completing a fellowship in adult reconstructive surgery at Hospital for Special Surgery/ Cornell University School of Medicine in New York City. During his time at HSS, he gained comprehensive experience in replacement surgery, hip arthroscopy, complex revision joint surgery, joint resurfacing, partial knee replacement, and minimally invasive joint replacement.
Dr. Schroder is Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery, a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, and a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Present Academic Rank and Position
Staff Orthopaedic Surgeon, Adult Reconstruction and General Orthopaedics The San Antonio Orthopaedic Group, San Antonio, TX
Assistant Department Head, Site Chief and Director of Clinical Operations Integrated Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
Staff Orthopaedic Surgeon Navy Forward Surgical Team, Forward Operating Base Lagman, Afghanistan
- Fellowship: Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Internship: General Surgery Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Medical School: Doctor of Medicine Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- College: Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD
- Total hip replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Hip resurfacing
- Partial joint replacement including unicondylar knee replacement
- Complex joint replacement revision surgery
- Workup and treatment of infected total joints and painful total joints
- Minimally invasive joint replacement surgery: anterior, anterolateral, posterior hip approaches
- Hip arthroscopy
- Knee arthroscopy; sports injuries: ACL reconstructions
- Shoulder arthroscopy: instability and rotator cuff injuries
Read What Our Patients Have to Say About Dr. Schroder:
Contact This Provider
Dr. Schroder sees patients at the following Towson Orthopaedic Associates’ locations: